This is my first post! yay
stereotypes
Three stereotypes of youth. 1. Black girls are often looked at as older and have more serious punishments. 2. Youth are already a problem needing to be fixed, adults often fear the youth 3. Media portraying the "good girl" and the "responsible boy" 1. Race is a huge factor for this stereotype and is called adultification bias. The video explained that people think black girls need less nurturing, protection, and support. 2. I think that class and gender play a huge part in why adults are scared of the youth. Many times i think adults think of themselves and what they did as a kid. You should think of every child as an individual. 3. Media plays a huge role in our society and makes people think and act a certain way. It can have many pressures on an individual and make them think that they are not welcome. In my experience, many teachers would often assume that I would want to play sports so they would offer these options to me. I like to play s...
Comments
Post a Comment